Paso Por Paso is a non profit charitable organization based in Orillia, Ontario that is dedicated to the relief of poverty in Guatemala. Through the generous donations of many Canadians and others from around the world, Paso Por Paso has been able to raise monies to relieve poverty with the following programs:
1. Providing seed money in the form of Micro Loans to Mayan women so that they can start up or expand a business
2. School improvements in Tierra Linda, a Mayan village situated high up in the mountains above Lake Atitlan
3. Improving the health of Tierra Linda students through a nutritional and clean water program
4. Direct sponsorship of school aged Mayan children
5. Scholarships for university students
6. Emergency relief in the form of food and medical support
Paso Por Paso has been operating since 2006 and has raised close to half a million dollars in its ongoing efforts to help some of the poorest people in the world.